The U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) provides the best definition of cloud computing:
“Cloud computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management.”
Enterprise cloud computing harnesses “cloud computing” for a competitive business advantage in terms of cost cutting, as well as innovation and collaboration on a per project basis.
Probably more important than cost savings, is the power of having virtually unlimited computing resources available at a moments notice. Resources can be provisioned up or down rapidly, allowing businesses to act quickly on new opportunities.
What does “cloud computing” mean for your enterprise?
Here are three key points:
- IT demands can be rapidly scaled up or down depending on the immediate need, leading to a reduction of overall IT costs. The enterprise is only paying for what resources it needs at any given moment.
- Risk and startup expenses for new projects are greatly reduced. Businesses will not have to realize a large capital outlay to bring those resources online. New resources can be brought online in a matter of hours, not weeks, and more importantly those resources can be quickly scaled up or down, depending on how the project goes. Testing new business ideas becomes a feasible reality allowing for new opportunities for growth.
- Large projects require collaboration. Cloud computing allows all companies involved on any given project to share work spaces and data in ways never before imagined. Further integration with BizTalk allows data to pass seamlessly between applications and organizations to maximize efficiency and increase the bottom line.
As you learn more about cloud computing and the incredible array of possibilities, you begin to understand why everyone is buzzing about “the cloud”. It is a huge paradigm shift for businesses today, tooling them with IT capabilities that were only a dream 10 years ago.
Proven Reliability and Leadership For Over 15 Years
AEC Cloud has been on the scene working with the largest AEC companies in the field for over 15 years. Leaders in the industry rely on our expertise and proven track record to help their companies stay ahead with their Enterprise Application Hosting needs. Just ask Hensel Phelps or Turner Construction.
Finding an experienced and reliable hosting partner is critical in seeing a successful outcome.
Here at AEC Cloud, we know what you need before you do. We have been hosting applications and data for some of the largest companies in the AEC space for over 15 years. We can help guide you through the maze of cloud hosting and determine exactly what your company needs today, and what it will need tomorrow.
- Find out what AEC Cloud can do for your business migration to the cloud.
- Schedule a live demo today and see for yourself the possibilities we can offer.