Today, as never before, mobile solutions are a critical component of any construction project life cycle. Architects, engineers, and project managers, to name a few, all need to communicate in real time. Posting and sharing critical job site data across the entire team can be the difference between success and failure of any project.
Add to this the fact that rarely are any of the team members at the same location, at the same time. Virtual offices, virtual desktops, access to files and data, and applications across platforms are at the center of an effective mobile team. Construction companies now have multiple office and job sites, that require the team member to be “connected” at any given time.
With today’s economy, staying competitive means being more productive. Mobile solutions, along with cloud hosted applications, data and desktop are a requirement in the productivity equation. Optimizing operations and the stream of job site information, allows team members to do their job faster and with less costly errors.
Project plans, budgeting, resources, filed issues, contact information can all be accessed when that data is hosted in a cloud environment. Enterprise application hosting allows those critical applications to be accessible via any thin client or mobile device. Virtual desktops bring the familiarity of a Windows desktop environment from anywhere that team member might be working. It all adds up to access to valuable information to the project team anywhere, anytime.
To boil it down, here are some of the major points to consider about cloud hosting data, apps and desktops.
- Clear lines of communication: ALL team members can share data, images and job site information. The field office and the home office are connected virtually. Everyone knows what is going on with the project, at any given time.
- Better Analysis: Correct data and current data are critical to getting the big picture on a project. Accounting, payroll, building plans, workforce data can all be analyzed using real time data.
- Cost efficiency
- Reduction of maintenance requirements
- Flexibility and scalability of resources
- On demand user administration
- 24/7 user support
- Off-site backup of critical data
- Regular maintenance and software upgrades
- Employee mobility anywhere, anytime
- Freedom to focus on core business
At this point, it is worth the time and effort for IT departments to take a hard look at this opportunity, and at a minimum do some cost/productivity comparisons. We are definitely past the days of early adoption, with many larger companies now taking the steps to move in the direction of cloud-based desktops, apps and file storage. Hensel Phelps, Turner Construction are a couple of our client names that come to mind.
Proven Reliability and Leadership For Over 15 Years
AEC Cloud has been on the scene working with the largest AEC companies in the field for over 15 years. Leaders in the industry rely on our expertise and proven track record to help their companies stay ahead with their Enterprise Application Hosting needs.
Finding an experienced and reliable hosting partner is critical in seeing a successful outcome.
Here at AEC Cloud, we know what you need before you do. We have been hosting applications and data for some of the largest companies in the AEC space for over 15 years. We can help guide you through the maze of cloud hosting and determine exactly what your company needs today, and what it will need tomorrow.
- Find out what AEC Cloud can do for your business migration to the cloud.
- Schedule a live demo today and see for yourself the possibilities we can offer.
Call us today to get started: 212-505-0381
Email us now with your questions: firstname.lastname@example.org